During this time, you might find some of these resources helpful to sustain your prayer life during this time. Many of these resources are available for mobile devices in app form, you may need to register to access the material.
From the Church of England:
- Daily Hope Phone line. 0800 804 8044 Daily Hope offers music, prayers and reflections as well as full worship services from the Church of England at the end of a telephone line.
Prayer for each day. From this page you can choose to read (or listen to) today's prayer. Further down the page are the full texts of the Church of England's 'daily office': morning evening and night prayer each day, complete with bible readings and psalms.
- Prayers for the Coronavirus outbreak, including personal prayers and prayers for use with children and family groups.
- Diocese of Oxford: Church at Home. Sunday worship streamed live at 10am each Sunday.
- The Daily Service: every day at 9:45am on Radio 4 Long Wave.
- Sunday Worship: shortly after 8:00am on BBC Radio 4.
- Songs of Praise: Sunday at 1:15pm on BBC1.
Christian Aid daily bible readings. With a global perspective, Christian Aid offer a short daily bible reading and prayer.
- Pray as you go. Each day, a bible reading, some music and a reflection. Jesuit resource for Ignatian prayer, also available as an app. Includes other prayer resources such as the Examen.
- Centre for Action and Contemplation: daily meditation. Here you can enrol for a free daily meditation via email. You can browse previous emails through the archive, other pages on the site allow you to listen to podcasts.
- Diocese of Oxford. A link to our Diocese's list of recommended resources to support Christian discipleship generally